Sidenote: my KitchenAid made is safely home and I informed Brett that I would be needing some shirtless pictures of the airport's finest firefighters. He is on it.
And so, without further adieu . . .
Seven Things You Never Knew You Wanted To Know
1. I was visiting my dad at the fish processing plant he was over-seeing in Seldovia, Alaska, one summer. Being the willing and able 16-year-old bosses daughter that I was, I decided to spend my time working because there really isn't much else for a teenager to do by herself in the wilderness. Well, I got my entire hand caught in the gear at the end of a conveyor belt (where my job was to remove the precious salmon eggs from the rest of the guts). I thought it was going to fly right off my arm, that is, until a shaky old woman named "Lorenza" cut my gloves enough to pry my hand out. I will never forget her and her toothless smile. Total time worked? 33 minutes, approximately. Total time spent having hand massaged by my dad's secretary? 5 days.
2. I was at the very first Lollapalooza.
3. I really, really wanted to be an Anthropologist before I settled on my English Major in college. I was inspired in my Cultural Anthropology class at Peninsula College by an amazing professor who also worked with violent inmates at a nearby prison. She would relate stories from inside the bars to how the first people utilized tools in the most fascinating way. I was hooked. Now, I just take my kids to the zoo and stare at the gorillas all day. Which brings me to my next bit of info . . .
5. Even though I have really tried, and I am not ready to declare myself a loser, I still don't like coffee. I pretend to. I do enjoy the perkiness that it brings. I have learned to tell the difference between strong and mild beans, but if I had to answer honestly if I truly liked the stuff, my answer would be no. Despite my dislike, I make a mean cuppa. Although I don't like coffee, I . . .
6. LOVE red wine!
7. I am not afraid to admit that I received and thoroughly enjoyed Grease and Grease 2 on DVD for Mother's Day. Grease is the WORD.
That was fun. Play along if you like.