Remember that split-screen part of the old-fashioned Sesame Street episodes from our youth where you had to guess which "thing" was not like the others?
Well, today I offer you my own version of that childhood game.
Instead of which one of these things is not like the other, what do all of these things have in common?
$10 Starbuck's gift card to the winner (and Linda, no, you may not play)!
* I heard the long-forgotten "Rumpshaker" and did some wicked moves behind the steering wheel.
* Saw a man who resembled Simon LeBon, Rod Stewart and Barry Mannilow all in one!
* That same man told me that I needed a breath mint. Ouch.
* Met a woman who had become recently engaged to a man that looked exactly like Santa Claus after a 13 year dry spell (she had been single for 13 years). Gave her a hug.
* Saw lots of men going to the bathroom.
* Spoke with someone who had been to prison THREE times.
* Spoke to a guy who said he finds artwork while kayaking in the Snohomish river who also sported a new pair of Isotoner gloves that he was waaaaay proud of.
* Met a "Doug."
* Danced to a Billie Jean/Word Up mix with my best friend's husband.
* Had a strawberry milkshake.
* Saw an old lady wearing party hats like a bra. She was also wearing a school-girl skirt that showed her underpants, but that's neither here nor there. The cones were funny.
* Helped someone up who had fallen on the stairs (hmmm. . . it was that Simon LeBon guy!).
* Watched Sheena*, The Foosball Champion, get her butt kicked despite her hot pink handle grips (she informed us that everyone has them -- all the cool foosball playas, that is. Who knew?).
* Was twirled on the dance floor by my husband.
So, anyone want to give it a shot? Leave your best guesses in the comments. You have 24 hours to tell me what all of the above references have to do with each other - then, I'll announce a winner and you can claim your Starbuck's card!