Thursday, January 24, 2008

When You're Four

Is this picture of the kids at the top freaking you out? What do you think, should it stay or should it go? I can't decide.


Sometimes, when you're four, you want to pull the covers tight up over your head and tell your mom that you don't want to go to preschool today . . . that you are too "cozy."

Sometimes, when you're four, and your mom insists on taking out your pigtails so she can wash your hair, you want to scream and cry but instead you'll just pout and make it as difficult as possible for her to get the job done.

Sometimes, when you're four, you won't like any of the clothes your mom picks out for you to wear to preschool. You'll insist she gets something else out of your closet, something you would actually wear.

Sometimes, when you're four, you'll tell your mom you have a tummy ache because you want to stay in bed all day and not go to preschool. It is so funny that your tummy ache goes away after breakfast!

Sometimes, when you're four, you'll be grumpy during the whole car ride to preschool just because your carseat is not on the side you want. Humph!

Sometimes, when you're four, you'll make your mom carry you to the door of your preschool because your legs could not possibly work. That is, until you get in the door and demand to be let down before your friends see you!

And sometimes, when you're four, all it takes is the smiling face of your best school friend, her arm stretched out towards you with your favorite school doll in it, and the invitation to "play babies" to make you happy.

"I'm okay now Mom, you can go."

Gee, thanks my little four-year-old.

11 comments:

LindaJ said...

Sometimes when you are 38 you feel like that too....will you carry me to the door?

Unknown said...

mine was like that at exactly 4 and a half.

Family Adventure said...

I love this post. And that picture is just *awesome*.

And sometimes...I wish I could be four, too.

Heidi :)

Janet said...

Oh to be four again!

Although I sometimes still pull the covers over my head in the morning, in a great act of denial. I can still channel my inner four-year-old. ;)

OhTheJoys said...

...and sometimes this happens when you are three!

:)

PinksandBluesGirls said...

This was great. I love how their little minds can change so quickly. Adults tend to let moods stick around a little longer! She's adorable, Carrie!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

flutter said...

I wanna be four!

Anonymous said...

and quite often when you're hurtling towards 44 you feel precisely like this ...

alice c said...

What a great post, Carrie!

I'm thinking that if you are having clothes 'issues' already you should anticipate 'challenges' when she is a teenager.

Aleka's World said...

I love the picture! My mom has similar ones of the 4 of us!! :)

That post was precious!

Left Coast Sister said...

Love the picture! Love the fours!