Friday, February 03, 2012

Cheesy Bread - Perfect for Superbowl


When I saw my brother-in-law making this cheesy bread a few weeks ago I said to myself, "Self, that CANNOT be good for you. In no way, shape or form must you go anywhere near that cheesy bread."

Well guess what?

I did.

Go near that cheesy bread and all it's horrible-for-you glory.

And I liked it.

"Simple and Nice" Cheese Bread (recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law):

1 loaf french bread (I used leftover hamburger buns from the FREEZER and it was just fine)
1/2 cup butter (I told you this was bad for you)
1 cup mayonnaise (no, I wasn't kidding)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
grated parmesan
oregano

Preheat oven to 350. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Melt butter in a small saucepan over med-low heat. Stir in mayonnaise and cheese and melt/stir until it's all combined. You may want to go ahead and do a few squats to make up for the sinning you are about to do, it couldn't hurt.

Place the bread on a large cookie sheet and slather the cheesy mixture on top. Sprinkle generously with parmesan and as much oregano as you prefer (I used very little because I really just was interested in the cheese).

Bake for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice and serve.

Now the hard part...don't eat too many pieces. Unless you're a teenaged boy, in that case - have at it.


2 comments:

monstergirlee said...

That sounds soooo gooooood. I think we're going to a super bowl party on Sunday so this may be my offering.
damn, easy recipe too ;-)

Kyla said...

Whoa...sounds super yum!