Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On Blowing up Bags

He walked 40 feet from me on the way into the store, a bag in his hand which he quickly filled with his own breath.

POP!

He glanced at me over his shoulder, to make sure I'd heard, a mischievous look on his face and a flush of embarrassment in case anyone he knew was watching.

Yes, I hear you.

Silly boy.

"That was awesome." The man in the family walking behind me said before mentioning that he would be there himself in 5 or 6 years when the little boy holding his hand reached the same age.

"You have no idea," I warned him.

One minute they are clinging to your leg, stuck like crazy glue and you think you'll never be free, and the next they are blowing up paper bags in parking lots for a laugh.

It just goes by too fast!

Slow down boy, slow down!

2 comments:

your cousin said...

yes, please get him to slow down. all of them. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gee.. I just wonder what's next?

xxxooomom