Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keep Trying

She sits below me, patience is definitely her strong-suit today as she follows me from room to room as I check things off my to-do list.
She sits below me humming, quietly, softly. Soon, I hear words accompanying the humming.

"Keep trying,

Keep trying.

Don't Give Up,

Don't Give Up."

It is the sweetest sounding little song.

Her voice is slow. The words gently fall from her lips as she examines something unseen to me.

After a few minutes I ask her, "What is that song you were singing honey?"

I want to know where these words come from, what they mean to her, why she decided to sing them today, of all days, when there is catastrophe around the globe, people hurting, people dying . . . her little song is for them, I think.

"It's from Yo Gabba Gabba," she tells me.

Oh, well then . . .

A mother's hope is crushed in one fell swoop by the most annoying television show for little people known to man.

Yo Gabba Gabba - 1
Mom - 0

14 comments:

Family Adventure said...

It could always be worse...at least the lesson was a good one :)

Heidi

Valarie Lea said...

Well at least something good came out of that show.

Janet said...

Yo, Crappa Crappa.

I love her diva sunglasses perched atop her wee head.

Kyla said...

That show freaks me out. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yo gabba gabba sucks the life out me.. and now I have "there's a party in my tummy" stuck in my brain.. AGH.

ahaha

Indy said...

My boys haven't gotten into that show. Sounds like I am lucky. The song sounds cute. Good message.

Angie McCullagh said...

At least Yo Gabba is teaching her some good ethics, no? But then, I've never seen the show, so I probably shouldn't comment.

Anonymous said...

That show scares me! I'm so glad my kids are beyond it and safely at school when it is on. Btw, I just gave you an award. Come over to my site to check it out!

Unknown said...

LOL! I haven't let my kids watch it yet. Should I based on your girl's opinion or should I hold off based on the moms??

carrie said...

Huckdoll -- hold off, avoid the Gabba Gabba at all costs! Seriously.

Mamacita Tina said...

So, should I be proud I have no clue what Yo Gabba Gabba is?

Tabba said...

Please.don't.
throw.things.at.friends.
Pleasedon'tthrowthingsatfriends.

Ugh. Gracie loves Yo Gabba Gabba.

I can't figure out the appeal.

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

That show drives me freaking crazy.

Cindy Fey said...

Sorry! Yo Gabba Gabba defender here. I love it - my kids love it - coolest kids show on TV.

"I like picking flowers/It's something I like to do-oo-oo!" Great song.