Thursday, May 04, 2006

Throw in the Towel

This is a question that rarely comes up, but on the occassions that it does, I always find myself in a horrific struggle. Okay, that sounds a bit dramatic, but oh well.

What do you do when you've read 167 pages of a book and you STILL can't get into it? I've been trying to read Susi For Beginners by Marianne Keyes for three, count 'em, three weeks! This absolutely sucks! If I'm going to spend the time, I need to get something out of it! I read another of her books (Rachael's Holiday) last year and found it funny, quick and entertaining. Just the book I was looking for this time. But, no such luck. Now, I feel like I've invested so much time into this one that it would be stupid to stop now. And so, I read along . . .

The characters are there, the story is there, but I am not. I keep waiting and wondering. When am I going to get into this book? Enough already, I say. Just stop reading, it's no big deal, you're not going to get an "F" for this. But I tredge on, and on, and on. Much like this post.

So, has anyone read this book and does it get any better?

No comments: